If you work with multicultural populations, or if you are concerned about the quality of counseling and human development programs, you belong in AMCD.
To join AMCD, you also must join the American Counseling Association, either by signing up online, or by downloading the ACA/AMCD 2014-2015 application form (PDF).
Benefits of joining AMCD
AMCD provides members with:
- Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, published quarterly. All members receive electronic access to the journal, which includes the full digital archive going back to 1(1).
- Website, multiculturalcounseling.org
- Opportunities for professional growth and leadership development through participation in regional and state division activities, committees, special projects, the annual ACA convention, and the AMCD Leadership Development Workshop.
- Assistance, when requested, in resolving professional issues.
- Support through interactions with empathic professionals who encounter concerns and problems that are likely to be similar to those that you experience.
- A network of 25 state divisions that address issues at the state and local levels.
- Opportunities for publication of research and theoretical papers about multicultural counseling and development.
- Advocacy and development of multicultural counseling competencies as guidelines to the profession of counseling.
Benefits of Joining ACA
"When you become a member of ACA, you become part of the largest network of counseling professionals in the world. That means direct access to the resources and education you need to stay at the top of your game, unlimited ways to connect with other counseling professionals for guidance and support, and powerful representation on the topics and issues that affect your career."
These include such tools as professional liability insurance, ethics consultation, career resources, savings on continuing education, and advocacy.
If you are already a member of ACA and wish to add membership in AMCD to your current ACA membership, please call ACA Member Services at 800-347-6647 x222, M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., ET.